A Sustainability Team has been set up under the Sustainability Committee to carry out the sustainability activities of Garanti Bank.
The Sustainability Committee is responsible for:
- Overseeing the efforts for assessing potential risks resulting from the Bank’s energy consumption, waste management, etc.
- Supervising the efforts for assessing potential risks arising from indirect
- environmental and social impact resulting from financed projects and other loans, and providing necessary opinions to relevant decision-making
- Monitoring the efforts on managing the risks which can impact the Bank’s reputation and/or other activities negatively in the field of environmental, social and governance issues,
- Ensuring conformity of all decisions made and all projects carried out within the frame of the sustainability structure created within the Bank with other policies and related regulations of the Bank,
- Managing the efforts to develop products and services which support sustainable development,
- Supervising the efficiency of efforts related to sustainability,
- Providing information to the Board of Directors on the Committees activities when needed,
- Monitoring the policies, procedures, regulations and similar documents under its responsibility with respect to necessary updates, and taking action to keep them up-to-date.
The Committee meets four times a year.
Dr. M. Cüneyt Sezgin, Ali Fuat Erbil, Osman Tüzün, Ebru Dildar Edin, Ali Temel, Cemal Onaran, Aydın Güler