Volcker Rule Oversight Committee
Volcker Rule Oversight Committee is an internal body established in scope of the “Volcker Rule Compliance Program” provisions. It is formed to evaluate the conformity status of Garanti Bank and its Subsidiaries' activities and Compliance Program to the Volcker Rule and to supervise the effectiveness of Volcker Rule Compliance Program.
Committee’s main roles and responsibilities are;
- Provide the settlement of a sufficient Compliance culture,
- Evaluate the conformity of the Volcker Rule Compliance Program to the Volcker Rule;
- Assess declarations of compliance received from the subsidiaries, evaluate conformity of Garanti’s operations to the Volcker Rule; make decisions on this subject, and communicate the decision to the related committee of the BBVA Group;
- Resolve the Volcker Rule related issues which are submitted to the Committee’s agenda,
- Monitor necessities of document updates regarding the policies, procedures, regulations and take actions to ensure that they are updated.
The Committee meets at least 3 times a year or as often as necessary.
In 2018, the Committee held 2 meetings.
Dr. M. Cüneyt Sezgin, Ali Fuat Erbil, Aydın Güler, Aydın Düren, Ebru Dildar Edin, Eray Kaya, Ali Temel, Osman B. Turgut, Özlem Ernart, Emre Özbek, Barış Karaayvaz, Çağlar Kılıç, Metin Kılıç, Berna Avdan, Hakan Özdemir, Beyza Yapıcı, Barış Gülcan