Volcker Rule Oversight Committee
Volcker Rule Oversight Committee is an internal body established under the provisions of the Volcker Rule Compliance Program that has been approved by the Board of Directors. It is formed to evaluate the conformity level of Garanti Bank’s and its subsidiaries’ (Garanti) activities and of the Compliance Program to the Volcker Rule, and to supervise the effectiveness of the Volcker Rule Compliance Program. The main roles and responsibilities of the Committee are as follows:
- Provide the establishment of a Volcker Rule compliance culture across Garanti,
- Evaluate the conformity of the Volcker Rule Compliance Program to the Volcker Rule,
- Assess declarations of compliance received from the subsidiaries, evaluate conformity of Garanti’s operations to the Volcker Rule; make decisions on this subject, and communicate the decision to the related committee of the BBVA Group,
- Resolve the Volcker Rule related issues which are submitted to the Committee’s agenda,
- Monitor the policies, procedures, regulations and similar documents under its responsibility with respect to necessary updates, and take action to keep them up-to-date.
In 2018, the Committee held three meetings.
M. Cüneyt Sezgin, PhD (Board Member), Ali Fuat Erbil (CEO, Board Member), Aydın Güler (EVP), Aydın Düren (EVP), B. Ebru Edin (EVP), Eray Kaya (EVP, GT), Ali Temel (Chief Credit Risk Officer), Osman B. Turgut (Head of Internal Audit), Özlem Ernart (Head of Risk Management), Emre Özbek (Director), Barış Karaayvaz (Director), Çağlar Kılıç (Director), Metin Kılıç (Director), Berna Avdan (Legal Counsel), Hakan Özdemir (Director), Barış Gülcan (Director)