Responsible Business Committee
The Committee aims to guarantee that Responsible Business is integrated into the banking functions and into the strategic priorities of the Bank, and to systematically ensure that Garanti puts stakeholders at the center of decision-making processes. The Committee’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Monitor Responsible Business trends globally and the development of Responsible Business within the BBVA Group; evaluate how these trends and developments can be aligned and implemented at Garanti, and steer the development of Responsible Business across Garanti Bank,
- Provide direction for the preparation of the Responsible Business Plan (RBP), its KPIs and approve them,
- Monitor updates on all initiatives within the RBP, their KPIs; request changes to the RBP as necessary and/or assess/ approve suggested changes,
- Ensure correct and timely execution of the actions plans within the RBP,
- Review and approve the general Community Investment Plan and the RB Communications Plan,
- Monitor the TCR Plan and its accomplishments; make proposals to the TCR plan to be reviewed by the Customer Committee,
- Provide direction for the development of the Responsible Business Policies and Strategy, review and approve them; review and approve the Responsible Business reports and/ or the Responsible Business-related sections of the Annual Reports.
In 2018, the Committee held one meeting.
M. Cüneyt Sezgin, PhD (Board Member), Ali Fuat Erbil (CEO, Board Member), Didem Dinçer Başer (EVP), B. Ebru Edin (EVP), Cemal Onaran (EVP), Osman Tüzün (EVP), Aydın Güler (EVP), Aydın Düren (EVP), Mahmut Akten (EVP), Burçin Bıkmaz (Director), Elif Güvenen (Director), Hülya Türkmen (Director), Emre Hatem (Director), Mustafa Sağlık (Director), Handan Saygın (Director), Nazlı Çakıroğlu Boysan (Manager)