The Remuneration Committee started activities on 1 January 2012 in accordance with the Regulation on the Banks’ Corporate Governance Principles published by the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency. The Committee’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Conducting the oversight and supervision process required to ensure that the Bank’s remuneration policy and practices comply with applicable laws and regulations and risk management principles,
- Reviewing, at least once a year, the Bank’s remuneration policy in order to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in Turkey, or with market practices, and updating the policy, if necessary,
- Presenting, at least once a calendar year, a report including the findings and proposed action plans to the Board of Directors,
- Determining and approving salary packages for executive and non-executive members of the Board of Directors, the CEO and Executive Vice Presidents,
- Monitoring the policies, procedures, regulations and similar documents under its responsibility with respect to necessary updates, and taking action to keep them up-to-date.
In 2018, the Committee held three meetings.
Sait Ergun Özen (Board Member), Jorge Saenz Azcunaga Carranza (Vice Chairman)