The main objective of the Integrity Committee is to contribute to preserve the corporate ethical integrity at Garanti. The primary function of the Committee is to guarantee that the Code of Conduct is efficiently implemented within the frame of its responsibilities outlined below:
- Encouraging and monitoring efforts for creating a shared culture of integrity within Garanti Group,
- Making sure that the Code of Conduct is implemented homogenously across Garanti; in this context, formulating and disseminating descriptive notes when needed,
- Implementing exclusion criteria with regard to compliance with certain provisions of the Code of Conduct,
- Notifying matters deemed to be in contradiction with the Bank’s disciplinary rules to the Disciplinary Committee, and obtaining information about the ongoing examinations procedures and actions taken in response thereto,
- Reporting immediately any incidents and circumstances that may pose a material risk against Garanti to,
Following up actions agreed upon during the Committee meetings,
Encouraging adoption of necessary measures for handling suggestions regarding compliance with the Code of Conduct and implementation of the document, and ethically questionable behaviors,
Ensuring efficient operation of the Complaint Channel and taking measures regarding necessary updates where appropriate,
Monitoring the policies, procedures, regulations and similar documents under its responsibility with respect to necessary updates, and taking action to keep them up-to-date.
- 1.Top Management,
- 2.The individual in charge of preparing the financial statements accurately,
In 2018, the Committee held two meetings.
M. Cüneyt Sezgin, PhD (Board Member), Ali Fuat Erbil (CEO, Board Member), Osman Tüzün (EVP), Aydın Düren (EVP), Didem Dinçer Başer (EVP), İlker Kuruöz (EVP), B. Ebru Edin (EVP), Osman B. Turgut (Head of Internal Audit), Emre Özbek (Director), Barış Gülcan (Director)