The goals and responsibilities of the Disciplinary Committee are as follows:
- Reviewing and deciding on the matters referred to it based on the relevant articles of Garanti Code of Conduct and Personnel Regulation,
- Examining, sua sponte, acts and practices, if any, that are established to be contrary to the laws, banking customs, Garanti Code of Conduct, Personnel Regulation, the Bank’s circulars, announcements or procedures (requesting an examination by the Internal Audit Department in cases where it deems necessary), and implementing the administrative sanctions set out in the Personnel Regulation,
- Ensuring that the personnel adheres to Garanti Code of Conduct, both in their behaviors and their practices, and undertaking the function of monitoring such adherence and acting as a an authority championing the Code of Conduct across the Bank and before the employees,
- Taking measures against all sorts of acts and practices that might lead to an erosion of the Bank’s reputation and image in view of the laws, public opinion and our customers, and announcing these measures throughout the Bank,
- Ensuring that necessary measures are adopted by relevant units for remedying the systemic problems or hitches in work flow processes or general practices as observed in the files on its agenda, and guiding the concerned subsidiaries and overseeing the measures taken.
In 2018, the Committee held two meetings.
Osman Tüzün (EVP), Aydın Düren (EVP), Aydın Güler (EVP), Cemal Onaran (EVP), Mahmut Akten (EVP), Selahattin Güldü (EVP), Ali Temel (Chief Credit Risk Officer), Sibel Kaya (Director), Osman B. Turgut (Head of Internal Audit), Barış Gülcan (Director), Şevki Öğüt (Assistant Directors of Internal Audit), Koray Öztopçu (Branch Manager), Gültekin Keskin (Regional Manager), Cenk Özsezginler (Regional Manager), Ali Aktan (Manager, Assistant Legal Counsel), Murat Özdemir (Manager), Görkem Kıran Dumlu (Manager)
*Different Regional Managers and Branch Managers are assigned as members every year.