Corporate Assurance Committee
The purpose of the Committee is to inform the top management about the internal control problems which can prevent business lines and/or our Bank’s goals due to their current or possible effects and to provide guidance from top management about the problems.
The scope of the Committee includes internal control findings and issues that are considered to have priority for the Bank, regarding their effect and urgency, fundamentally compliance, financial reporting, risk management, operational risk, reputation risk, technology and fraud.
The Committee's responsibilities are;
- To provide standardization and top management coordination for the improvement needs of the internal control system by focusing on critical risks and controls that needs top management’s monitoring,
- To discuss the internal control problems/issues within its agenda and responsibility area, and to evaluate the proposed measures and actions,
- To monitor mitigation of risks to a desired level by examining the action plans,
- To make necessary coordination in case of a contribution need from different departments,
- To inform the Board of Directors about the main internal control problems.
The Committee is planned to meet at least 3 times a year.
In 2018, the Committee held 2 meetings.
Dr. M. Cüneyt Sezgin, Ali Fuat Erbil, Didem Dinçer Başer, Cemal Onaran, Selahattin Güldü, Ebru Dildar Edin, Osman Tüzün, İlker Kuruöz, Aydın Güler, Aydın Düren, Ali Temel, Mahmut Akten